Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • New US sanctions aim at Houthi financial network
    • Radical UK Islamist preacher Choudary found guilty of terrorism offenses
    • UAE Court Convicts Over 50 People on Terrorism Charges
    • Tennessee Man Who Attempted to Support ISIS Learns His Prison Fate
    • Iranian Hackers Deploy New BugSleep Backdoor in Middle East Cyber Attacks
    • Thousands of Iran-Backed Fighters Offer to Join Hezbollah in Fight Against Israel
    • U.S. Department of State Imposes Sanctions on Iranian Company for Chemical Weapons Development
    • Iran’s New President Vows Support for Hezbollah and Other Terror Groups
    • Contact
    • privacy policy
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    The Daily ReportsThe Daily Reports
    Follow
    Tuesday, February 17
    • Home
    • Latest News
    • World
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Sports
    • Science
    The Daily ReportsThe Daily Reports
    Home»Latest News

    New York Pause Extended to May 15

    By TheDailyReportsApril 16, 2020 Latest News No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Reddit LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link
    Add The Daily Reports News to Google
    Google News

    New York state’s social distancing policies will remain in effect until May 15 to curb the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday.

    The governor issued an executive order March 20 canceling nonessential public gatherings and mandating that nonessential workers remain home. Cuomo on March 29 extended the order to at least April 15, at which point the policy would be reviewed every two weeks.

    The executive order has been effective, but there is still a risk of increasing the virus’s rate of infection, Cuomo said at a press conference.

    “I don’t want to project beyond (May 15),” Cuomo said. “One month, we’ll continue the closedown policies. What happens after then, I don’t know. We will see depending on what the data shows.”

    New York on PAUSE will be extended in coordination with other states to May 15.

    Non-essential workers must continue to stay home.

    Social distancing rules remain in place.

    We must STAY THE COURSE.

    — Archive: Governor Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) April 16, 2020

    New York state has reported 606 deaths from the virus since Wednesday, its lowest number in the past 10 days. The coronavirus causes COVID-19, a respiratory disease that has infected 222,284 people in New York state and killed 12,192.

    The state’s infection rate from the virus is currently at .9, Cuomo said. The infection rate refers to the number of healthy people one person with COVID-19 can infect. Wuhan, China, which saw the first confirmed cases of the virus, brought its infection rate down to .3 after completely shutting down, Cuomo said.

    “We can control the spread,” Cuomo said. “We did not know for sure we could do that. Now we know.”

    Early projection models assumed a much higher rate of infection, which is why experts originally believed the state would need more hospital beds, Cuomo said. If the projected rate of spread had occurred as predicted, the state’s health care system would have been in a much worse place, he said.

    “That has not happened, so far,” Cuomo said. “We slowed the infection rate by our actions, and that’s why we are in a better place today.”

    The governor also discussed more in-depth plans for “unpausing” New York state. The gradual reopening of the state’s economy includes determining which businesses are considered essential enough to resume operations, Cuomo said.

    Private businesses have a responsibility to limit the risk of infection in the workplace, Cuomo said. Employers should ensure social distancing can be practiced in the workplace and determine how many employees can continue to work from home, he said.

    “Tell us how you intend to organize and conduct your business, and can you do it in a way that poses a lower risk?” Cuomo said.

    Cuomo announced at a briefing Wednesday that he would issue an executive order requiring everyone in New York state to wear a mask in public. He further explained this policy at Thursday’s briefing.

    The order will go into effect Friday at 8 p.m., Cuomo said Thursday. Masks should be worn in any public setting where social distancing cannot be practiced, such as on public transportation or when using ridehail services.

    Wearing a mask is one of the best ways to decrease one’s risk of infection, although it may be irritating, he said.

    “Is this inconvenient? Yes,” Cuomo said. “(But) this is a precaution for everyone that I think balances individual liberties with a social conscience.”

    Individual actions and compliance with social distancing measures make all the difference in curbing the spread of the virus, he said.

    “Be smart, and gage what you’re doing relative to everyone else and relative to the overall goal,” he said.

    New York Gov. Cuomo holds a briefing on the coronavirus outbreak – 4/16/2020
    Coronavirus Cuomo New York Pause
    TheDailyReports
    • Website

    TheDailyReports is a trusted digital news platform delivering timely and accurate coverage across General News, World Affairs, Business, Technology, Politics, Finance, Health, Lifestyle, Sports, and Travel. Committed to journalistic excellence, it provides breaking news, in-depth analysis, and insightful reporting to keep readers informed on the latest global and local developments.

    Keep Reading

    Iran-backed militants launch rockets on 2nd US base in Syria

    Qatar’s Security Guards Worked in Forced Labor

    Four killed in Beersheva ISIS inspired terror attack

    Malaysian Network Enables Hamas Plots Targeting Jews

    Iraq seeks French and Russian drones, jets and tanks

    Islamic rapper Gims asks Muslims to stop celebrating the New Year

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Recent Posts
    • New US sanctions aim at Houthi financial network
    • Radical UK Islamist preacher Choudary found guilty of terrorism offenses
    • UAE Court Convicts Over 50 People on Terrorism Charges
    • Tennessee Man Who Attempted to Support ISIS Learns His Prison Fate
    • Iranian Hackers Deploy New BugSleep Backdoor in Middle East Cyber Attacks
    • Thousands of Iran-Backed Fighters Offer to Join Hezbollah in Fight Against Israel
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • LinkedIn
    The Daily Reports
    Facebook YouTube Instagram X (Twitter)

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 TheDailyReports.com – All Right reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.